Calcium is an essential mineral that helps to strengthen bones, muscle contraction, nerve signaling, and secretion of certain hormones and enzymes. What comes as an interesting fact is that- our body needs abundant calcium, as 99% of calcium is stored in bones and teeth! Well, the rest 1% is required for our blood. The daily calcium requirement differs for people belonging to different age groups; for instance 1-3 years old needs 700mg of protein, while adults above 70 years require 1200mg.
Calcium is a critical nutrient that helps decrease the risk of kidney stones by reducing the absorption of oxalates. Also, it helps blood vessels contract and maintains a healthy blood pressure level. Calcium deficiency can also lead to dental changes, weak nails and hair, thin skin, and slow hair growth.
Our body can’t produce calcium; thus, eating foods rich in calcium helps ensure our body meets the daily nutritional requirement. Although milk is a well-known source of calcium, there are several other dry fruits are also high in calcium.
Top Calcium Rich Dry Fruits
To combat calcium deficiency, we must include a calcium-rich diet. So here is the answer to your concern about whether dairy products alone can satisfy your daily calcium needs. First, read this list of a few calcium rich dry fruits which can help you to load up on this mineral:
Who wouldn't like almonds? If you are a die-hard dry fruit lover, we believe you love adding almonds to your diet. Their earthy taste and versatile nature to accompany various dishes make them a cherry on top. Almonds are a rich source of protein, vitamin E, copper, magnesium, and zinc and help to improve bone health, fulfill the stomach for long hours, lower blood sugar levels, and control overall calorie intake. However, they are delicious in any form but are said to be healthier when eaten with the peel. The almonds are sliced and added to multiple dishes for a crunchy taste while boosting the health benefits.
It may be surprising, but cashew nuts are botanically classified as seeds because they grow inside the drupe. Out of the many proteins- dry fruits and cashew nuts top the list. Cashews have a rich nutty flavor taste with a crispy, salty, and sweet flavor. They are rich in vitamins K, B6, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium. In addition, cashew nuts are rich in fiber content, which helps improve digestion, boost brain health, and strengthen bone conditions. The cashews are eaten or roasted along with salt and black pepper to add a zest of flavor. Further, they can thicken soup or garnish your favorite Indian desserts.
Pistachios are a great dry fruit with a hard white covering and reddish skin with light green kernels. They are a good source of vitamins B6 and B1, protein, fiber, and calcium, and are rich in antioxidants like flavonoids and carotenoids. Pistachios help to improve cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation, and promote a healthy digestive system and sleep routine. Not just that, pistachios also help improve the metabolic rate by burning more calories and providing a great way to manage a weight loss journey. The pistachios can be mixed in pancake batter or on muffins, or added to greek yogurt.
Dates may have a high amount of sugar, but their amazing health benefits make them the right addition to our diet. One of the oldest dry fruit in the world, dates goes through a history of 4000 B.C. Dates are a nutrient-dense food containing potassium, calcium, iron, and dietary fiber, which are not only beneficial in maintaining physical health but also improving sexual health and skin and hair condition too. The dates make a great substitute for white sugar; thus, they are added to the smoothie mix instead of honey in yogurt and oatmeal.
These brain-shaped dry fruits are known for being rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts contain a high amount of polyunsaturated fats than any other dry fruits. In addition to their perfect crunch, they deliver nutrients such as vitamin E, manganese, folic acid, phosphorus, and copper. They also care for heart and brain health, providing fatty acids and reducing brain health. They also play a great role in improving sexual health by improving sperm vitality. The best way to eat walnuts is to sprinkle them over hot and cold cereal, smoothies, and oatmeal, toss them along with vegetables, and serve them with salads.
Few dry fruits are rich in calcium content, and their regular consumption is useful in improving overall health. Along with maintaining good bone density to help lose weight, the health benefits of dry fruits rich in calcium have encouraged individuals to include them in their diet and keep the issue of calcium deficiency at bay.
If you want to introduce healthy, calcium-rich dried fruits, then Nutraj is a great place to shop. We focus on providing the best quality dried fruits online at affordable prices and free from harmful chemicals. So check out our wide collection of dry fruits and nuts today to order your favorite product!