Known as one of the healthiest nuts, Almonds are incredibly delicious, nutritious, and an excellent addition to your diet. Almonds are rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and offer various health benefits. It is believed that Almond trees were one of the earliest trees cultivated, as archaeologists suggest.
There are several potential health benefits of eating Almonds daily and there are numerous ways to eat this nutrient-dense food. You can eat them raw, toasted, as a snack, make butter, and use them as toppings for pastries, and they also go extremely well with sweet and savoury dishes. And while there are several almond recipes out there that are mouthwatering, making homemade almond butter is one recipe that you should try. After you have tried this homemade almond butter recipe, you will not want to go back to store-bought almond butter. Now, let’s get into the recipe:
How to Make The Best Homemade Almond Butter
Making almond butter at home is quite simple and is extremely affordable compared to getting a jar from the store. When it comes to making almond butter at home, it may seem like a difficult task, but a little bit of patience and roasted almonds are the keys here. You do not need to buy roasted almonds for this, you can simply roast them in the oven yourself and it will take only about 10 minutes. You may also want unsalted almonds so that you can season them according to your taste.
- Plain Almonds
- Cinnamon Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, spread the almonds across a baking sheet, and toast them for about 10 minutes, make sure to stir them once halfway. Then let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- After the almonds cool down, transfer them to a blender or food processor and blend them until they become creamy. Pause in between to scrape down the sides and if the mixture gets too hot while blending, take a minute and let it cool before proceeding.
- Once the almond becomes soft and creamy, add the other ingredients and blend them together until the ad-ins are evenly dispersed. If you have decided to add maple syrup or honey, you will need to add some oil to bring the creamy texture back together. After adding the maple syrup or honey and oil to the mixture, let it cool for a few minutes, and then blend for a few more minutes.
- If you do not want your homemade almond butter to be too sweet, you can skip the maple syrup or honey, as the vanilla content and the natural sweetness of the nuts will do the trick.
- Once it is done, let the mixture cool down at room temperature, transfer it to a jar, and then store it in the refrigerator.
How to Store Homemade Almond Butter
Put them in a mason jar and keep it in a cool and dry place. To extend the shelf life, it is preferred to sore them in a refrigerator. And here you go, enjoy the smooth and savoury almond butter anytime, anywhere.
Different Ways to Serve
You’ll probably have a lot of ideas to enjoy this delicious homemade almond butter, but if you are finding options to enjoy them, here are some of our favourite ways:
- Spread the almond butter on bread and top it with berries.
- Blend it into smoothies.
- Mix it with yogurt for extra protein.
- Add it to your Acai bowl.
- Substitute them for peanut butter.
This homemade almond butter recipe is easy to make, healthy, affordable, and extremely delicious. So, try out this recipe and let us know how yours turned out. Don’t forget to explore our premium range of Almonds today!