Walnuts, also known as Akhrot, provide essential nutrients to the body and offer multiple science-backed health benefits. These nuts are nutrient-dense, rich in omega-3 fatty, are known to contain a high amount of antioxidants, and are an excellent source of protein and fiber.
It is said that there are over fifty species of walnut trees, but the most common varieties are the English walnut and California black walnut. Akhrots can be consumed as they are after shelling or can be incorporated with other recipes. While they are known for the health benefits they offer, walnuts are an incredible dessert ingredient and are perfect for snacking. If you are looking for a tasty and healthy walnut recipe you should definitely try this banana bread with crunchy toasted walnut.
This recipe has everything you’ll love; moist bread, sweet and fluffy inside, and sprinkled with crunchy walnuts. Have some bananas sitting around that are a little too ripe? Try this recipe. Here’s the list of ingredients you’ll need:
- Ripe bananas
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extracts
- Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl, then add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix them well together.
- Take a separate bowl and mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Once they’ve been mixed well, combine them with the butter mixture and mix them well until it’s smooth.
- Grease the loaf pan you want to use.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet to bring out the nutty flavour.
- Now, mash the potatoes with a fork or a potato masher.
- Stir and combine all the ingredients together and gently fold in the nuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes.
- Once done, remove it and allow it to completely cool before serving.
Tips To Store The Banana Bread
Here are some storage tips to store this moist banana bread, so that it’ll stay fresher longer:
- Before refrigerating, allow the banana bread to completely cool off.
- If you want to keep aside some slices for later, pack them in plastic wrap or tin foil while they are still warm to prevent them from becoming dry and to preserve the quality.
- You can also freeze the banana bread wrapped in plastic wraps and it will stay good for about 3 months.
If You Do Not Have Ripen Bananas, Here How You Can Make Them
If you do not have ripe bananas at home, here’s how you can ripen them to make the best bread. You can leave them out on the counter for overnight or a few days depending on the current ripeness. But if you do not have the time, pop them into an oven and bake them for about 15-20 minutes at 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
When you are baking this banana bread, make sure to measure the ingredients accurately and never forget to toast the nuts to bring out that nutty essence.
This dry fruit bread recipe with crunchy toasted walnuts will help you make the most of your diet, as it is rich in nutrition, taste, and texture. If you make the recipe right, they are healthy. This recipe can be enjoyed at any time of the day. You can buy dry fruits online for this recipe from Nutraj. Shop now!